collapse
lumia510
alto-800
Bitfenix Outlaw
samsung-ram
corsair-ssd
FRONIX STAR
No posts were found.

Topic: Win Xp booting problem  (Read 550 times)

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 87
  • I m AwEsOmE...
How do i install win xp professional sp 3 on my desktop from my pen drive.My pc is quite an old one and so the dvd r/w has died.It doesnt read any cd or dvd.The installed xp copy has lots of virus issues bcoz of which I m not able to surf the net using my mts data card.Searched the net for some simple ways to boot xp from a flash drive but dint quite get it.
So plz can sm1 tell in simple steps to install xp on to my pc from my pen drive.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 611
  • got some awesome new free stuff :)
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

catch me at : www.techverdict.com

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Thanks Rajan....Btw after making the pen drive bootable i formatted my C drive and the copying of windows files was sucessfull.
But during the installion of Win xp i got a blue screen error  at the beginning which still i m not able to rectify and thus cudnt install win xp.Any sugestions?
Btw it is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL error.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxay Tab using Tapatalk
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 611
  • got some awesome new free stuff :)
does it happen repeatedly? Just reset your BIOS and see..
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

catch me at : www.techverdict.com

Offline Wizard

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 334
It could be some issue with the XP CD you used. Try another CD and check.

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
As the dvd drive of my pc had died i had no option of installing xp via a cd.So i downloaded a copy of win xp professional sp3 from  isohunt on my galaxy tab and copied it on the pen drive,made it bootable and installed it via pen drive.The formatting and copying happened flawlessly....but as it started installing win xp this blue screen stop error occured and happens over and over again at the same point.Tried few tweaks but no use:'(

Someday ill be somebody.

Offline Wizard

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 334
Same thing happened with me a few times. It could be either that the copy itself is corrupted or some error occurred while its transition to bootable USB. If you have any friends who would help, you can borrow another XP CD and try. You can use a Live Linux CD and use your system for each session even without OS and hard disc.

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Dude my dvd r/w is dead....so no option of installing via a cd and i dont plan on getting a new dvd r/w.The only option is booting via pen drive.I followed ur thread on installing xp via pen drive and all went well up until the installation part...
Can u suggest any good winxp copy over the internet.Ill be dloading via torrent.....

Currently i dont have any os installed on the desktop.It has P4 prooccy,256mb ram and intel mobo.

Someday ill be somebody.

Offline nishant203

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 127
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:35:34 PM by nishant203 »

* What's Happening ?

• Which is the best DTH provider
  • View Topic