collapse
lumia510
alto-800
Bitfenix Outlaw
samsung-ram
corsair-ssd
FRONIX STAR

Topic: Samsung Galaxy Tab review  (Read 2634 times)

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 87
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Since this is my first review it won't be perfect.Anyways ill do it the way i know.My cousin's SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB(it's mine anyways >:D) came with few of the accessories.Here is the screenshshot.

Also some of screenshots of the tab's interface:

I downloaded few of the apps from the android market and one of them is the ookla powered speed test.Here is the preview:

also

The 7 inch capacitive display is really a treat for reading ebooks,watching youtubes and playing games,though some of the videos don't fit the screen completely in landscape mode.The interface looks really awesome.I have my concerns over the battery which lasted only for around 7hrs on continuous use(in 3g network).THE Screen response is also one of the pluses.Took some pictures from the 3.2 mp camera,pics were very good when the place was well lit but was little on the lower side when it was a bit dark and flash had to be used.The build quality is also amazing.On the whole my point of view is that it's an amazing gadget with all of the features put together on one single device and also scores over the ipad in some areas(though i havent used one  :D).Proud to own  the GALAXY TAB.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:54:13 PM by rajan1311 »
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 24
I won't believe that this is your first review. It is very simple and illustrative. After reading, feels like just tried the gadget myself. Hope to see more from you. 

PS : I am tempted to buy one soon. 7 hours is really good, how much do they claim ?

Or at least settle for an Android phone.  :)
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep

-    Robert Frost

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Thanks,it is my first review on this forum.I didn't put in more screenshots as i thought i may not be allowed to include more.Wanted to ask u a few things:
1.I m using an android phone for the first time so i don't have any idea about which apps to download,as there r thousands free apps to download from the market.

2.What does rooting mean and how do i do it?

3.Will the os to be upgradable to android v2.3 or android 3?

Someday ill be somebody.

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 611
  • got some awesome new free stuff :)
Nice one mate, you have done a good job, see if you can talk about some things in more detail, like, is the screen very reflective?how is the sunlight visibilty ? What video formats does it support? Also, do tell the price you got it for.

As for the pics, post any number, we love pics!! :D

I dont think there will be android 3.0 update for it officially, but i am sure people will find a way...
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

catch me at : www.techverdict.com

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Samsung galaxy tab owners all over the world r planning to sue the company if they dont officially announce android 3 for the tab.I believe that

honeycomb will definitely come for the tab,as I m not over impressed with froyo. :(
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
lol...sue them for what?
I am sure, sooner or later, someone will find a way to use 3.0 on the tab... :)
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
Samsung officials had announced that honeycomb which is the os for the tab will come on the tab officially sooner or later.
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
then good news.....do you have any links? Then even I might get one instead of the Xoom.... :)

Offline smartamrit2011

• Premium Member
  • I m AwEsOmE...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:27:58 PM by smartamrit2011 »
Someday ill be somebody.

Offline Vignesh

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 6
Good review mate.

1.I m using an android phone for the first time so i don't have any idea about which apps to download,as there r thousands free apps to download from the market.
My personal favorittes are Advanced Task Killer, Launcher Pro, ChompSMS, Transdroid, imo.im, Titanium Backup, Astro, Vplayer, Pulse, TweetDeck, Swype, AK Notepad, K-9 Mail, Opera Mini

2.What does rooting mean and how do i do it?
Rooting can be related to the Admin rights in windows which lets you change system apps, push in system apps from your computer, Rooting is a process after which you will be able to attain root access with the android linux subsystem, itís a process of modifying the android operating system to gain complete control over it. There are many advantages of rooting like you will be able to change system files like themes, core apps like maps, clock, etc. and many many other things. Oh yeah the main part is that you will be able to flash custom roms! that means you can install Honeycomb, even if Samsung doesn't give you the update.
The main disadvantages are that it will make your phone unable to receive OTA updates and also void your warranty.
Personally, I would suggest, first get accustomed to the Android environment and after some time when you are quite comfortable, you can root your device.

To err is human, to accept it is Newspaper.