Bitfenix Outlaw
samsung-ram
corsair-ssd
FRONIX STAR
Sony PXW-X500 XAVC transcoding for editing in Davinci Resolve by ujinwang3
[November 20, 2014, 08:12:10 AM]

hdd not showing in BIOS by Lincon_WD
[November 20, 2014, 05:58:58 AM]

Topic: How to Check BSNL Broadband Usage Details  (Read 182909 times)

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 24
How to Check BSNL Broadband Usage Details

3 Ways to Check BSNL Dataone Broadband Usage Details (updated on 14 -12-2011)

Unless you use an unlimited plan, your bill will be based on your usage data as recorded by BSNL. If we use more than the allowed limit, we need to pay extra for this usage. Even if we are careful, some virus infection in our system can  increase the chargeable units to a dangerous extent.  It can happen even if you have a very good antivirus. Therefore it is  important to monitor the usage closely. Unfortunately BSNL fails to provide useful information to its users. Many of us rely on a single BSNL site we managed to identify for monitoring the usage.

BSNL sites do not update on a real time basis and is neither dependable as it has a very high downtime due to maintenance and billing activities. From 1st to 5 th of every month, BSNL sites are totally unreliable as they are used for billing purposes than updating user details. If you are a new user, your usage details may not appear for about 2 weeks. From my personal experience, I can tell you that BSNL may update the usage on 1st of month on 20 th. I ended up with a huge bill after they did this to me.

Another common error is that many believe usage means only download. BSNL calculates your usage as     download + upload. If we use internet just for browsing, it will cost around 15 MB per hour in your usage stats. It is impossible to manually calculate the usage. Please use the following methods.

BSNL allots two server IPs. One of the format 117.xxx.xxx.xxx and other 59.xxx.xxx.xxx. If your IP starts with 59.xxx, options other than option 1 may not work for you.

In that case, Check here.  To check your IP, Click here.

You can also test your speed on the link given above. If you find it difficult, use  What is my IP ?

How to Check BSNL Broadband Usage details : Methods

There are 3 sources to check your usage. 1 BSNL portal, 1 Independent software and 1 BSNL software.

1.  BSNL Portal , values in MB, user friendly.

Connection with IPs 59.xxx.xxx.xxx check here

Update : BSNL has closed registration for data.bsnl.in. New users can use selfcare portals listed below to find their usage.

Existing data.bsnl.in users can continue using the portal and can alternatively register for the selfcare portal.

(a) Users from Hyderabad, Vellore, Kodagu, Tirunelvelli, Hassan, Tuticorin, Thanjavur, Virudhunagar, Salem, Pondicherry, Mandya, Chikmagalur, Nagarcoil, Kumbakonam, Tumkur, Erode, Karwar, Ooty, Bidar, Karaikudi, Dharmapuri, Madurai, Shimoga , Kolar, Gulbarga, Cuddalore, Raichur, Guntur, Sangareddy, Nalgonda, Trichy, Bellary, Bijapur, Mahabubnagar, Belgam  , check here

http://www.selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in

You can use this guide to register at selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in

Tutorial to check usage at selfcare sdc portal (with screenshot) is given below

How to Check BSNL Dataone Broadband Usage using selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in - Tech Forum India

(b) Users from Bhubaneswar, Kamrup, Balasore, Tezpur, Baripada, Patna, Nagon, Cuttack, Jorhat, Sambalpur, Dibrugarh, Dhenkanal , Kharagpur, Ranchi, Balangir, Sundargarh, Katihar, Kishanganj, Bong aigaon, Phulbani, Bhawanipatna, Khagaria, Tripura, Arrah, Saharsa, Mizoram, Begusarai, Koraput, Samastipur, Hazipur, Berha mpur, Bankura, Gaya, Jalpaiguri, Bhagalpur, check here

http://selfcare.edc.bsnl.co.in

You can use this guide to register at selfcare.edc.bsnl.co.in

(c) Users from Bhopal, Kalyan, Raipur, Nagpur, Ujjain, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Itarsi, Mandsaur, Nasik, Aurangabad, Ratnagiri, Pen, Nanded, Betul, Vidisha, Satara, Dhulia, Shujalpur, Parbhani, Mandala, Ratlam, Morena, Shivpuri, Shahdol, Narsinghpur, Balaghat, Chhatarpur, Akola, Sarguja, Bilaspur, Amravati, Bhir, Bhandara, Raigarh, Rajgarh, Durg, Seoni, Rewa, Jhabua, Buldhana, Gadchiroli, Guna, Yeotmal, Latur, Jagdalpur, Satna, Chhindwara, Dewas, Chandrapur, Khargone, Panna, Khandwa, Indore, check here

http://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal

You can use this guide to register at selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in

Tutorial to check usage at selfcare wdc portal (with screenshot) is given below

How to check BSNL Dataone Broadband Usage using selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in Portal - Tech Forum India

(d) User from Dehradun, Jammu, Lucknow, Meerut, Jaipur, Shimla, Jalandhar, Barabanki, Bahraich, Ambala, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Bhatinda, Uttarkashi, Faridabad, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Hoshiarpur, Bijnore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Bharatpur, Allahabad, Jhunjhunu, Karnal, Ropar, Faizabad, Narnaul, Udaipur, Sangrur, Lakhimpur Kheri, Orai, Gurgaon, Patiala, Jhalawar, Udhampur, Bundi, Solan, Nainital, Bareilly, Kota, Ajmer, Sikar , check here

http://selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in

You can use this guide to register at selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in

2.  These sites can be down at times. BSNL sites do not update on real time basis. Today's usage is shown after 2 days. So most of us use a Bandwidth meter.

Click here to download. (Top Rated) or try Networx Bandwidth Meter (with graph).

3.  A software from BSNL can help us check the usage without using the portal. Click here to download.

BSNL also provides SMS and email alerts when you cross your usage limit. You can also receive weekly alerts.

Use this link to register    Web Registration for Usage Alerts

Option 1  needs a 14 digit Portal ID and password from BSNL. Password is usually password.

Eg. for portal ID:

ABC+++25102008, where

ABC from my surname, +++ a 3 digit no. , 25102008 date of broadband application. If you do not have this, check with your local exchange. They normally keep this in their records. A phone call can fix it for you.

Your BSNL email ID will receive email alerts when the usage limit is crossed. Always ask your exchange for email ID. If you try to use option 4, it will ask for your BSNL email ID.

Use option 1 , log in using Portal ID and password and check for the email link on the upper part of the page.

For options 1(a), 1(b), 1(c)and 1(d), you need to register in the corresponding sites before trying to check the usage.

Other methods and tools :

The above mentioned are sources for information. Many were kind enough to write programs that we can save the trouble of logging into the portals. Let us discuss a few reliable options.

1. Datafox

If you use Firefox, an add on called Datafox can retrieve data from data.bsnl.in and selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in. Click here to download 

Also available for Google Chrome. Try here

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ndbknnemkjonjhcoaahkipllghjnmkcg

2. Dataone Quick Usage Finder

Dataone Quick Usage finder logs in automatically to the BSNL portal and retrieves data for you. It has a facility to calculate the billed amount (excluding telephone charges). If we exceed our usage, we can find out how much extra should be paid in the next bill. It also provides a Dialup Connection and disconnection scheduler for Night Unlimited Plans. Click here to download.

3. Dataone Tool

* Daily total of non free and free usage ( for those having night (2am to 8am) unlimited).
    * Graphic display of daily usage.
    * Option to auto login to dataone usage checking site.
    * Summary of usage, daily average used , average usable, estimated bill etc.

For users with IP 59.xx.xx.xx

Click here to download. More details.

For users with IP 117.xxx.xxx.xxx

Click here to download. More details.

Don't know your IP ? Check here - What is My IP ?

Hope you will find them useful. Please do spread the word and help your friends from falling prey to huge bills. If you are still in doubt or need any help, use the Reply button below and post your question.

Please note that the above tools simply retrieve data from BSNL portals. If data in BSNL website is not up to date, you will get non finalized data.

For changing your plan (in less than two days), refer this guide

How to apply for a plan change online ? (for all circles)

BSNL has stopped supplying modems (both WiFi and non WiFi) to its customers.If you are looking help in buying a modem or WiFi router you can use the guide below

Choosing a Wireless Router - Tech Forum India

Hope this helped. Please use the Facebook " Like ", Twitter and Google + buttons to share. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:39:43 AM by ADMIN »
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep

-    Robert Frost

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
Know BB Usage through SMS      

For BSNL Mobile Customer

Step-1: Register land-line number by sending SMS "REG space Landline Number prefixed with STD code" to 52295 i.e.REG <STD code><Landline No> to 52295.
Example: to register land-line number 2345678 in lucknow SMS REG 05222345678 to 52295.
Step2:After obtaining SMS of sucessfully registration send SMS  "BBU space Landline Number prefixed with STD code" to 52295 i.e.BBU <STD code><Landline No> to 52295 for obtaining BB Usage.
Example: to know BB usage of land-line number 2345678 in lucknow SMS BBU 05222345678 to 52295.

For NON-BSNL Mobile Customer

Step-1: Register land-line number by sending SMS "REG space Landline Number prefixed with STD code" to 919448077777 i.e.REG <STD code><Landline No> to 919448077777.
Example: to register land-line number 2345678 in lucknow SMS REG 05222345678 to 919448077777 .
Step2:After obtaining SMS of sucessfully registration send SMS  "BBU space Landline Number prefixed with STD code" to 919448077777 i.e.BBU <STD code><Landline No> to 919448077777 for obtaining BB Usage.
Example: to know BB usage of land-line number 2345678 in lucknow SMS BBU 05222345678 to 919448077777 .
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep

-    Robert Frost

Offline NrNKiLL

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 20
  • THE SAiNt
Which 1 is the link to automated portal checking? From Bsnl itself, i think...
The one which looks exactly like portal itself.. Hope i 'm clear  :-\
Stand Up For What U Believe In, Even If It Means Standing Alone

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]

-    Robert Frost

Offline NrNKiLL

• Premium Member
  • THE SAiNt
It is actually BSNL portal but it connects itself by clicking "check usage" (i think) after downloading it..

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
Last 3 tools work in this manner. You need not log in manually. Just feed the ID and password once in these tools, it will automatically check your usage.

-    Robert Frost

Offline NrNKiLL

• Premium Member
  • THE SAiNt
Thats the one "dataone bandwidth usage finder" :) rep-ed

Offline NrNKiLL

• Premium Member
  • THE SAiNt
What do i fill in for Administrative log in URL?

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]

-    Robert Frost

Offline Vignesh

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 6
I tried registering for the self-care. But in the registration it asks for a Customer ID. But I can't find any such number in my telephone bill. Even the sample bill doesn't look anything close to the bills I recieve.

To err is human, to accept it is Newspaper.