lol
collapse
lumia510
alto-800
Bitfenix Outlaw
samsung-ram
corsair-ssd
FRONIX STAR

Topic: How to find someone is stealing your WiFi in 5 seconds (no skill required) free  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Wizard

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 334
How to check devices / computers using your WiFi for free ?

It is the woe of every WiFi hoster who is aware that what a WiFi hacker can do. In India, it is a common method by terrorists to use a third party WiFi to send threat mails or emails claiming responsibility of a bomb blast. And according to law, it is the responsibility of hoster of WiFi  to make sure his connection is not used by such miscreants. We will get enough time to  discuss the injustice behind this law, but the truth is you should be extra careful about the security of your WiFi especially if you have a limited bandwidth plan.

You can see methods to secure your WiFi here

http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=4161.0

But some choose less secure encryption methods like WEP which is easily cr_kable. It is always a wise decision to find a method using which we can see if someone else is using your WiFi from time to time. There are certain tools like Zamzom Wireless Network tool, but they are paid when we try to find details of the PC connected to your network.

Wireless Network Watcher from nirsoft.net is a portable tool which is capable of giving details of devices connected to your WiFi network within seconds. All you have to do is run the exe file and it will automatically scan the IP range and will display (check screen shot above) devices connected to your Wireless network. You can see the IP address, network adapter make, MAC address, device information, user text and date of detection with count. Also Wireless Network Watcher runs in background and displays if any new device is connected to network without any human intervention.  If you go to " Options " and enable " Beep on new device ", you will get an audio alert when a new device is connected.

From advanced options you can select which Wireless adapter you need to monitor or which IP range to select according to your discretion.

Hope you will find this useful and I am sure many are searching for such an useful and free to check who all are using their Wireless network. Please spread the word. You can use the Facebook " Like ", Tweet, Google + buttons below and help you friends stay safe.

Download here

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:30:16 AM by Wizard »

Offline IMF

• Reviewer [TFI]
  • Liked: 101
  • TFI
  • >>I AM WhAT I AM<<
Found a bug!

While using Wi-Fi i connected through Laptop and my Phone but the app only showing the lappy  :confused: :confused:

I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever :P

Offline Wizard

• Member [TFI]
Press F9, go to advanced options, select range as 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255 and check.

You can also use Zamzom Wireless Network tool which gives basic information about the connected devices.

Offline IMF

• Reviewer [TFI]
  • Liked: 101
  • TFI
  • >>I AM WhAT I AM<<
Press F9, go to advanced options, select range as 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255 and check.

You can also use Zamzom Wireless Network tool which gives basic information about the connected devices.

Thanks.. Will try out.. Please come on gtalk for now.....want to talk!
I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever :P

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 611
  • got some awesome new free stuff :)
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

catch me at : www.techverdict.com

Offline Wizard

• Member [TFI]
Yes, you can block devices stealing your WiFi, but not through this software. You need to note down the MAC ID of the device, log into the modem and black list the corresponding MAC IDs in MAC filter.

Offline vaibhavlongani

• Beginner
  • Liked: 2

Offline mihir94

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 90