Bitfenix Outlaw
samsung-ram
corsair-ssd
FRONIX STAR
Gmail offers full screen compose globally by Eufemila
[Today at 11:27:00 AM]

FlexStack Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch by Janeswordy
[September 16, 2014, 03:58:19 AM]

Topic: Better GPS graphs, browser in new Google Earth  (Read 1648 times)

Offline nandeeshms

• Liked: 50
  • It begins by taking the first step

Google Earth users can now see the elevation and speed they covered during a recent trip.
(Credit: Google)

Google made a few tweaks to Google Earth on Monday, adding new GPS details and a way for the Web-oriented company to feel better about developing for the desktop.

Google Earth 5.2 is ready for the public, Google announced Monday. It's not a major release like the Google Earth 5.0 release from last year, but the free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux has a few interesting new features for the geographically obsessed.

Travelers were able to connect their GPS devices to Google Earth to view trip data with the 5.0 release, but they can now see altitude changes and the average speed of their trip in graphs accompanying the route. And if you've forgotten the experience already, you can generate a video of the route.

Perhaps more interesting is the addition of an embedded browser into the application. Switching between Google Earth and your regular browser isn't that difficult, but Google Earth users won't even have to leave the application now when clicking on a link within Google Earth.

Google's reason for being these days--other than Internet search--is to encourage the development of Web-based software and to lead by example. Some things you still can't quite do in the browser, hence sophisticated applications like Google Earth. But Google is likely to move more and more of the Google Earth features into the browser-based Google Maps application, as it started doing in April by adding a 3D earth view into Google Maps.

Cnet News

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/jhvjpx.png[/img]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:40:10 AM by nandeeshms »
Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz|MSI 785GM-E51|2GB DDR3 1333 MHz Transcend|ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB|500+80 GB SATA HDD|FSP SAGA II 350|Creative SBS A300|

"There's only one guy who's not afraid to die; that's a guy who's already dead." - Charlie Storm

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
  • Liked: 24
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep

-    Robert Frost

Offline IMF

• Reviewer [TFI]
  • Liked: 101
  • TFI
  • >>I AM WhAT I AM<<
I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever :P

Offline rajan1311

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 611
  • got some awesome new free stuff :)
Can i see my house in Google Earth?

You always could see your house on google earth bro, not tried it yet ?
Intel Core i5 2500k | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Samsung 30nm Green RAM @ 2133MHz | HD 4850 | Corsair 550VX | SVG Tech HOC 40 | Bitfenix Prodigy

catch me at : www.techverdict.com

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
Can i see my house in Google Earth?

Yes. Very easily. You may also try Wikimapia.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep

-    Robert Frost

Offline Vignesh

• Premium Member
  • Liked: 6
You may also try Wikimapia.
Please tell me more about this Wikimapia. Haven't heard about it before.
To err is human, to accept it is Newspaper.

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
Wikimapia is the 2 D version of Google Earth. Load faster and works with your browser. Just go to the link and explore the globe.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.7725&lon=76.6513&z=10&l=0&m=b

-    Robert Frost

Offline nandeeshms

Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz|MSI 785GM-E51|2GB DDR3 1333 MHz Transcend|ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB|500+80 GB SATA HDD|FSP SAGA II 350|Creative SBS A300|

"There's only one guy who's not afraid to die; that's a guy who's already dead." - Charlie Storm

Offline guardian

• Member [TFI]
I haven't used Google Earth recently. If I have any need, I check wikimapia. I installed Google Earth somewhere near their release. Have you compared the speed. I think wikimapia will be faster as it is not giving 3D.

-    Robert Frost

Offline nandeeshms

i tried now wikimapia was kinda slow
mor over google earth is kinda nice to use speed was better than wikimapia
may b that was bcoz i had other tabs running.....
but after u hav tried google earth u wont like it................

its like reverting back to xp after using win7 ;)